I was recently on a plenary sponsored by the Development Studies Association (DSA) in Manchester with Kamna Patel, Sara Stevano and Indrajit Roy, where we were each asked to answer the above question. Along with the organizers, Pritish Behuria and Tom Goodfellow, we have now published the plenary discussion on the DSA blog:
- Introduction (Pritish Behuria and Tom Goodfellow)
- The need for South-centred theorisation in Development Studies by Ingrid Harvold Kvangraven, King’s College, London.
- Looking inside the ‘black box’ of Development Studies by Kamna Patel, UCL
- Centring social reproduction in the study of development by Sara Stevano, SOAS University of London
- Reimagining the politics of development /studies by Indrajit Roy, University of York